Sunday, September 7, 2014

Almost a disaster!

Having made the decision to actually do something with my stitching (other than adding it to the 'to be finished' pile) I decided to take the plunge and do the bit I hate....finishing. These are all the bits of stitching that I have, sitting in the above mentioned 'to be finished' pile.....


....mmmm....just one or two to be done!!!

After taking this picture I just unceremoniously dumped the stitching back onto my desk and grabbed the heart shaped alphabet to do something with. I grabbed some pink felt and some card stock and went gung-ho with the scissors. As my courage began to wane I decided to sketch out a template for the heart and grabbed a pen to mark the felt with the shape I wanted. After tugging at the pen top for a few seconds it finally popped off .....splattering bright red ink everywhere! I should have taken a picture but I was in such a panic to get the stains off that grabbing the camera was the last thing on my mind. Luckily the stitching gods were looking kindly down on me, and the ink splatters were only on the edges of the stitching, the bits that shouldn't really be seen....phew! Lesson learned....never open a (leaking) roller ball pen close to stitching.

Anyhoo, my accomplishment for this week is getting the heart shaped alphabet finished as a hanging.....





...and not a single spot of red ink to be seen!


Until next time ...happy stitching!

Rhona

17 comments:

Caitlin @ Naughts Cross Stitches said...

Gorgeous finish.

Linda said...

Great finish Rhona.

Linda

Preeti said...

Lovely finish!! Looking forward to see the remaining ones to be finished too.

cucki said...

Sweet finish dear x

Pull the other thread said...

That is such a lovely selection of finishes. Oh my goodness the heart looks absolutely amazing. Do you mind me asking how you did it like that? It's so beautiful. Glad to hear that the red pen disaster wasn't too catastrophic.

Wendy said...

i'm so glad it didn't stain! It's such a pretty heart, great finish and good for you on working on finishing them!

Rachel said...

I love what you've done with the heart. It's perfect and gorgeous! So what's that now... one finish down, over a dozen left to go!!! :)

Smily-Света said...

Good luck with finishing! The last one is really great!

Mii Stitch said...

It looks beautiful! Well done and glad you avoided what could have been a disaster for sure :)

Katie said...

I have a very similar stack of unfinished finishes. This one is absolutely perfect. Finishing scares me.

Helen Philipps said...

I really love the way you have finished this heart, Rhona....it looks perfect. So glad the ink incident wasn't as bad as it seemed at first!!
Enjoy your week.
Helen xox

stitchersanon said...

Beautiful finish! Well worth the danger lol

Blu said...

Wonderful finish!

Unknown said...

very pretty :) I wish i could finish stuff like that!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful (:

Steph said...

That is stunning! xox

Faith... said...

Love how you finished it! Congrats on another great piece.